We are looking for a dynamic experienced manager to run our very popular, traditional country pub.
The Plough is a spacious pub with several distinct sides to the business; four luxury bedrooms provide overnight bed and breakfast accommodation in, a bar which is highly popular with local people including successive Prime Ministers and a large dining area which has a very busy lunchtime and evening trade.
Eat, Drink, Relax
The Plough is all about giving that little bit extra throughout the customer’s experience with us and, as its manager, you’ll be the driver! It’s not just our customers who come in big happy families. Our team are one big happy family too. So it will be your job, to make sure our families stay happy on both sides of the till!
What you’ll do in this role
You will not only be managing, but training and moulding our team to ensure that our food, service and standards are always of the highest quality. As a business, we want to make sure that you enjoy working as part of our team. After all, if you do not enjoy the experience, neither will our customers.
As Managers you will be:
- Ensuring the efficient management and smooth running of The Plough.
- Recruiting, training and leading the team, ensuring that morale is always on a high.
- Constantly ensuring that our customers get the best possible impression of The Plough.
- Always looking for opportunities to grow the business, increasing sales and controlling costs.
What will make you perfect for the job?
- Manager level experience in a busy inn or public house environment.
- A passion for delivering great service with a personal touch and attention to detail to ensure that every single customer leaves, wanting to return.
- A strong leadership style, personality and charisma to motivate a committed and hard-working team.
- Initiative, creativity and ability to try new things and think outside the box in how you attract new customers are an asset.
If you believe that this is you… please contact us on 01844 343302
We currently have a vacancy for bar staff
If you enjoy meeting people and have an outgoing personality, becoming a bar person could be the right choice for you.
To be a bar person, you need to have good communication skills. You need to be able to take and remember orders. You also will need patience when dealing with demanding customers.
While we do not rquire any specific qualifications or training, we are looking someone with pride in their appearance and the right personality and/or experience, to fit in with other members of our team
As a bar person your main duties would include:
- serving customers with drinks
- collecting payment and operating the till
- washing glasses
- clearing and cleaning tables and the bar regularly
If you would like to apply to join the team please call us on 01844 343302